Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Game-Day

It's not even called “Saturday” anymore during football season. Game Day is sacred and Game Time is not to be interfered with. (It hurts that I just ended that sentence in a preposition but i'm trying to learn to be okay with it because my blog is all about being personable and writing how I talk and I talk grammatically incorrect all the time so just know that I know that I did that and let's be okay with it together and move on.) Whew! I feel better.

Gator games are an event not to be missed between both sides of our family and we are training Cami young. Speaking of young... Josh has said he would be thrilled if Tim Tebow waited about 20 years and married Cami. My mom agrees wholeheartedly. I personally prefer her not to marry so young as 21 and honestly don't even want to hear her name in the same sentence as the word “marry” anytime soon!! But as far as older men go, he'd be my choice for her.

Cami has learned to say “Go Gators” whenever the blue/orange color combination and/or the Gator logo is in sight. The words “go” and “Gators” are not the actual words that come out of her mouth but the “words” she does say are said with the passion and spiritedness of a true fan. And (unlike her mother) she actually does enjoy watching football on TV. We don't normally allow her to watch TV but given that her possible-future-husband is making NCAA history and unashamedly proclaiming his faith, we decided to make an exception.





So each weekend as families gather and wings and fries are devoured, we don our young in the appropriate apparel and cheer on the boys from The Swamp.


Of course the grown-ups have to set a good example for the next generation of Gator Nation.


So to all our fellow Gator fans out there, we wish you sweet dreams of enormously ferocious, scaly green reptiles mercilessly devouring mangy old wildcats. Ahh, night night.


2 comments:

Tell me your thoughts...