Monday, September 28, 2009

brownie points

I realize most of my recent blog posts have been about food, but I'm okay with it if you are. So here's another one.

My sweet niece Felicity recently visited for the afternoon and I told her when Cami took her nap we would do something special in the kitchen.

“WHAT are we gonna DO?!?!”

“Um, we're gonna make something!”

“WHAT are we gonna MAKE!?!”

“Um...you'll see!”

“But Aunt Jill, what ARE we gonna make?!?”

“Well, it's something good...but you'll hafta wait and see!”

“Okay! But what IS it?!?!”

giving in to her cuteness - “Brownies!”

“BROWNIES?!?! YAY!!”

Organic ones.


Needless to say, she was excited and ready to go to work.



"Painting" the dish with oil...


carefully stirring the ingredients...



pouring the yummy chocolate...


rewarding herself for all her hard work!



lots of rewarding...




ahh, sweet sweet reward...



for all that hard work...


that was so worth it.


Taking a lunch break while the brownies baked.

(notice her chocolate covered sandwich...she believes I'm a genius aunt for inventing it)

Decorating brownies with powdered sugar...ahem...I mean flour stars.


Fresh from her nap, Cami watches and learns.


Reward time again.


No, we can't share with Cami.


But we can share with everyone else!

Want one??






1 comment:

  1. What a perfect way to begin my day --- seeing my precious great (grand?) nieces! Know what else I saw???? lots of Gram in Felicity expressions!!!
    Keep Lellow Bird rolling - I love it.

    Aunt M

    ReplyDelete

Tell me your thoughts...