Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Oh scrappy day

Jodie and Felicity have been coming over almost every day for the past week because Jodie and I have decided to (finally) catch up on our scrapbooking. Catch up meaning - actually start on it.
We've been collecting pages and stickers for like EVER and have more pictures of our sweet babies than anyone would believe (except those of you who have seen Jodie in action with her camera probably would believe.)
It's been so fun having them live with us during the day. The girls go upstairs for their regularly scheduled naps and are so good playing together. We take lunch breaks and then go back to scrapping.

Now let me emphasize something here. Jode and I are not at all like those hardcore scrap-happy moms who devote crazy amounts of time, energy and budget to create those extravagant and insanely obnoxious picture books containing everything but scraps. Nooo. We have decided to get these albums done, as simply as possible, and move on with our lives. It's not even something we love to do. It's not even a hobby of ours. We just had the stuff and figured why not!

Mm hm. You know how sometimes you have intentions to do something a certain way and then when you get started on it you realize maybe your intentions underestimated your (we'll just call it) "talent" and so maybe you make adjustments to previous intentions and the next thing you know you've become obsessed and spend 3 hours in a craft store with a three-year-old and a one-year-old who haven't napped and you get home with more clearance stickers than you will ever use but they were too cute and too good of a deal to pass up and so you feed your obsession, I mean talent, and decide that it takes priority over cleaning a messy house and cooking dinner for your husband because it is way too important of a thing to be taken lightly.

What, that's never happened to you?



(This is what my living room currently looks like. It's rediculous.)


I'm ready to admit I need a support group.

So at the end of a long day of hard work we were playing with our sweet girls and I thought I'd share some of the moment...
Camille is just learning to walk. And Felicity loves helping her, but sometimes is a little too aggressive with her hugs or gets a little jealous of all the attention on her little cousin.
Watch for yourself: (notice the friendly cousin kick in the second one :)






3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing your daily joys. I was loving and laughing at the 12 line sentence but then I got to the videos!! PRICELESS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok. just for the record... we scrap like it's nobody's business and we are dang good at it!

    I too, like Marlene, LOVE your continuous sentences and laughed my head off. Mainly because it's all SO true! I can't wait to get back over to your house and scrap some more. I got us some more clearance stickers at Michaels too! Can't WAIT! We are not obsessed,... just passionate about getting it done. ...Stupid dang life and work has to get in the way of our scrapping. Ugh.

    Also... HAHA aha haha love the videos. I mean... i know i was there and all but it's even funnier watching it back. Felicity sitting on your lap in the second video and nonchalantly tapped Cami down after we were so proud of her for standing. LOVE tap... RIIIGHT! She is so sneaky!

    Anyway, i love your blog. I love lellow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eli and I were doing a little scrapping ourselves yesterday. Then we looked at each other and said 'wait we're dudes'.

    The end.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me your thoughts...