Friday, August 14, 2009

...and it was all lellow.

I guess I should explain.

It was Mother's Day of this year and we had just eaten breakfast and were enjoying morning playtime with Cami. I was still smiling about the sweet card and fresh roses given to me by my loving husband as my thoughts took me back to this day last year.

Last year was technically my first Mother's Day, though I was only able to cradle my (very big) belly, I was still mothering her in there. But now having her here to actually look at, rock, and hold in my arms was a more amazing gift than I'd ever imagined.

So my next Mother's Day gift that morning came unexpectedly from Cami. She was playing so sweetly with her toys and without our prompting or question, simply looked up at me and said for the first time, in her cutest baby girl voice ever...

“Lellow.”

She said the word YELLOW!!

...but started it with an “L” of course and honestly if you ask me I think the letter Y is overrated so I didn't correct her! I was just so proud of her!!

We were so excited and she caught on to our excitement so we were all saying “Lellooowww!!” and laughing and doing the Lellow Dance and...
okay, it wasn't really that weird of a scene. But I think I remember some dancing... I mean c'mon, this was a milestone to be celebrated!!

Anyway, thus the word “Lellow” was born.
(Which I believe should be a real dictionary word because it is now used daily in our household and happens to be one of the cutest things you'll ever hear when said by a one-year-old.)

So now when asked, “What color is that?” about ANYthing, she responds with “Lellooowww!”, knowing she'll get a rewarding reaction from us (and maybe even a dance) and we just let her believe the only real color that exists or matters is lellow.

She really does recognize which things are lellow though. She will pick out all the lellow blocks from her basket and put them on the floor. In the grocery store she is quick to excitedly point out to me anything lellow in sight. (The kid freaks out in the banana section.) This morning we walked into the kitchen and she immediately spotted a piece of lellow paper on the table, pointed to it and announced “Lellow!!” So I guess it's just that she doesn't care much for the other colors.

Oh, and I had such high hopes for you, dear Green.



3 comments:

  1. SOOOOOOOOO CUUUUUUTE!!!!!!!! I could watch this video all day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh. My. Goodness. Cutest. Thing. Ever.

    (ps...she made an Eli face during that video!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just confirmation that I have the cutest grandbabies ever/ no partiality here!!!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me your thoughts...